PODCAST: How to Hire Marketers
In this special episode of the B2B Startup Growth podcast, I spoke with Shoham Eckhous of Penguin Strategies about hiring marketers for tech startups. I’ve been a CMO and strategist for several B2B startups and larger companies in Israel – even a NASDAQ-traded company.
And today I work with dozens of companies on their marketing as an external strategist. In the podcast I share tips I’ve gathered over the years about how to hire the right marketing leader for the organization, and then how to recruit and grow the marketing team.
Companies are looking for long-term success, but you may not have the budget to hire the experts you need from day one, so you use a staged approach.
The podcast covers:
- What to look for in a marketer
- Common mistakes to avoid when looking for marketers for your team
- How to screen candidates effectively
- The various parts of the marketing puzzle and how to make sure they are all covered by your team
- When it makes sense to hire a highly experienced (or “big shot”) marketer.
- How to properly qualify a writer and test them ethically
You can listen to the podcast here.